September 20, 2010

A rare siting in Keizer.

by Nate Rafn
September 20th, 2010

About two weeks ago, Rochelle and I spotted an unfamiliar creature on a small farm inside the city limits of Keizer. At first I thought it was a fox. Intrigued, I decided to keep my eye on this farm, hoping to catch another glimpse. After about a week of driving past the farm on my way to work, the animal appeared again. Luckily, I had my camera close by.

I walked along the periphery of the farm, getting as close as I could without drawing attention to myself. The animal noticed me almost immediately. I was able to snap a few shots before it got spooked and trotted off into to wooded area behind the farm.

After taking these pictures, I started to second guess whether it was a fox or coyote. So I sent the photos to my friend David McKibben. He confirmed that it is, indeed, a coyote.

Coyote surveys a field in Keizer, Oregon.

Coyote on a small farm in Keizer, Oregon.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Posts

Popular Posts